What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum

joe_rainbolt

Well Known Member
I'll admit that the last thing Oregon needs is more Californians, but we went anyway.
It was a quick overnight getaway to the Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum at McMinnville Oregon.
On the way back, an overflight of Crater Lake.

_NpHofpqQVWyQgfVPhQv0MBpQkKuCsnAwpwvcK17CtRy24s5qQxVlUrKvo0bxcpPkFdw5MRBtXLMnao4v3cFrkxdjCwkM6_R5Yehm_qL5_MZNSSSpsUJGyGu9mL6_gWga6FbKvILXAEMCs-RialLwq9k_A31eR_yGHdzdVbV1AP9Lb65hqvvZoro_nFPzuf29Of0NIqjeDhGsZv9UGsWAAga4b8wlKf2jtRr3PXLnqQjCjryqLiWqvr6INd3MwoWD0VozUBn1Da1ABlJ8H0gGqytQ6weMhDhoVbPOPQKXVRrEHqSXg0BMg7JVyhecDpC37Zi6Yu9AcJlXciKkscJMN5B5YzvFWSBXAS8PvqpAACtzQMX7FjO8_VcY3LTUM0UM_b1v3m6reF-kQ6g0gmrUm81NT8wE1POPh2_f-4bMTFGerQCwCcfrW6yWr-Z2ZVRQXL49WB9oA3u24V68WfqgBbFmRaCKhxHJgQ8wiGjqbITHfadaw55rvdriATMqx-qs3zNsFXeuwI7DNT76Y5gJU4ztZu6lKUzeBxyUkY_H2cfDsu_rKGxKw3oK99261JTBpjnGTupLcHjs01zp6vmsGsEfsksNCSJCScIM4_i_yX6TJ1p3YsZwgkOdO-ePj-wry1uJ-3MiwRpEIJB6fGy5aknZl1ZbVIM-RTf=w785-h682-no

Get the details at:
https://roughandreadyaerospace.blogspot.com/2017/11/mcminnville-oregon.html

Nice story, and we don?t mind you coming North and spending your money. Next time buy more than a gallon though. 😀. And show your EAA card for free museum entrance. Last time I was there it got in all four of us.

Great write up Joe. That museum is a phenomenal! I went there when I lived in Portland for a short while and can't wait to go back.

Two of us showed EAA cards when we went to the museum for the eclipse, and they charged us full fare. Was still worth it.
Bill McLean
RV-4 Slider
lower AL

Other area museum

Several years ago we visited 8 museums on a 10 day trip to the northwest. The best of the bunch was WAAAM at Hood River. At that time they had a flyday once a month. Hope to make that sometime. Not far from Evergreen so give it a try.

A great museum

I paid the extra $ for the full tour of the Spruce Goose and it was a real highlight. What a machine.

Alas, I traveled there by car, so I'm jealous. :)

I've been to the museum twice. Nice that it's so close. Flying to KMMV the second time was terrific!!

Back