What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pan American Tools

Ron B.

Well Known Member
Just wanted to express my content with Pan American Tools. Finishing up on my RV-14A , I stripped the gears on my friends old angle drill. I tried to contact Pan American a couple times but got no reply so I thought perhaps they were too big of an operation to bother with such a small thing.
I was vacationing in Florida so I decided to remove the head and take it with me. From there I called Pan American and got to speak with Phil the repair guy. Very nice, easy to talk to guy. I only had brought the head not the complete drill. Phil said I should have brought the complete drill as he would have overhauled all of it and for free. I asked him how they could or would repair a drill that was probably 20 years old for free. He said the parts were not that much and it would not take long and that they appreciated the original purchase and this was a thank you.
Well that blew me away, could not believe it. Cost me 6 bucks to ship from Clearwater to Fort Lauterdale an I think they charged me 9 bucks to ship back to Clearwater. From Canada shipping would have been probably $30 or more each way.
Thank you Phil and Pan American Tools, an advertiser on VAF

Plus one for the Pan American tools. I have almost 10 years into the build and not even a burp from my 4000RPM air drill! Quick chuck still works great and easy to change between the No 40 and 30. High quality tools.

Back