What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 Oshkosh 2019 Meet up ?

fr0gpil0t

Well Known Member
A small group of RV-12 builders met up last year and I was thinking of organizing something similar this year for Wed 24th July. Respond here if you are interested - Scott from Vans is helping me identify a Vans employee who can talk RV-12 stuff (understanding everyone is pretty busy at OSH)

I'm also hoping there is a better location - we met last year at the new Pavilion in the homebuilt camping area but it was a little bit of a hike. Not sure if there is a better location now the Homebuilt area has been re-configured.

I noticed there is an RV-12 talk on the schedule

Designing and Testing the RV-12iS
Mon, Jul 22, 2019 - Mon, Jul 22, 2019
2:30 PM - 3:45 PM

Let me know of interest - and I will take it form there
Robert

I would also like for another RV-12 builder get together to take place and think after the RV-12 talk Monday afternoon would be a great time.

Brett H
Columbus Indiana
Working on the canopy

Last edited:
I like the idea of meeting at 4.00pm after the RV-12is talk - unfortunately there is another forum at 4.00pm in that venue. But if we de-camp close by it will be a good chance for everyone to share where they are at in their builds.

Robert

Last edited:
My dad and I will be at OSH after flying his 12 from E16. I’m helping build a 12iS that is nearing completion and am interested in a meetup.

Last edited:
RV-12iS meet up

I will be traveling from Utah to Osh for the first time. I have been seriously investigating the RV-12iS as my first build. I plan to attend the 12iS forum. A meet-up with other builders/owners after that talk would be very convenient.
If it has to be another day or time I would go out of my way to meet as well provided it can happen before end of day Wednesday.

Don't forget about the Southeast Wisconsin annual RV-12 meeting.
When: Saturday, July 20th, 11am - 2pm

Where: Fort Atkinson Municipal Airport (61C)

Name a location and time /date and I'll be there. If any one is on the fence deciding what RV to build, I can share my experience with the difference and similarities between the 12 and the 9 or 7 since I have built and flown all three.

Last edited:
Ok we have a meeting place - big thank you to Greg from Vans Aircraft for getting this set up.

Forum Stage 6 starting at 4pm Monday 7/22 for the RV-12 group meeting !!!

I will post on the RV-12 facebook group as already 7 or 8 people expressed interest there.

Robert

Back