What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing Cradle / table

joedallas

Well Known Member
This wing cradle rotates at the bolt to turn into a wing table.

Rotate the wing to the horizontal position then roll the cradle to install
the wing

Works fine, a one man operation.

The second cradle is the same and designed to store within the spacing of
the first cradle.

It take up the same footprint as a cradle that holds two wings.

03_10_05.jpg

All production rights reserved.

Last edited:
Is there adjustment for height and adjustment for dihedral angle so spar pins line up with fuselage center section?

Is there adjustment for height and adjustment for dihedral angle so spar pins line up with fuselage center section?

Doesn't need to.
Once a wing is fully inserted into an RV-12, the wing is statically held in the proper position for inserting the pins (as long as the wing was trimmed for proper clearance on the root seals, etc.).

Clever idea Joe.

Jim

The table is parallel to the ground.
You roll the table in until the spar is in about 60% to 90% ( depending on the adjacent terrain ) then pick up the wing by the wing tip handle and push it in until the end of the spar is under the restraining blocks, as Scott has explained .

The table is a little lower than I think is should be by design so I can use larger Wheels.

Wow!

I'm impressed!!!

------------------------
Here is an idea: Lets establish a "Nobel Prize" for innovation in RV construction. Donate a few bucks into the pool, vote, and send the winner a gift card to buy something useful from AircraftSpruce.

This year my vote goes to Joe!

Joe could you take a few more pics of the cradle and throw in a few measurements and post them on your web page. Thanks

Thanks for the update and measurements.

I can see your point re. "if I ever finish" and "like working with wood".

All your work stands, wing tables, and fixtures are beautifully built, finished, and well thought out. I was thinking painting my work table was possible overkill but your work area is immaculate!

Doug
Seattle area

Back