What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GDL 39R - when?

Rick_A

Well Known Member
Garmin had the GDL 39R at Osh and I had the impression that it would be released soon after Osh.

Any word on when it may actually be available or if there are any changes from the form factor as displayed at Osh?

The 39R is the GDL-39 ADS-B optimized for remote mounting. We have been sending them out for a little while now. Give Christer or Stein a call here at SteinAir and they can give you the details.

Last edited:
Yes, Call the Stein guys. I have received mine. It took some delay, but I ordered before any shipped. Go to Garmin and get the 39 manual. Both units are covered in the same manual. It has dimensional drawings.

They are pretty much available now when you order them. There was a HUGE delay in getting them, but seems they are pretty much caught up.

Cheers,
Stein

Received mine from Stein about six weeks ago and have now been flying with it for one week.
Works great with the G3X panel and GTX23ES.

I've been flying my GDL 39R for a couple of months now.

Here's a question for the experts: Does the 39R have the same Bluetooth capability that the 39 has? I haven't tried to pair it to my iPad yet and can't find any information in the manuals to confirm this. Not that I need it, but it might be handy to try to get the traffic and weather up on the iPad screen in addition to the G3X.

I've been flying my GDL 39R for a couple of months now.

Here's a question for the experts: Does the 39R have the same Bluetooth capability that the 39 has? I haven't tried to pair it to my iPad yet and can't find any information in the manuals to confirm this. Not that I need it, but it might be handy to try to get the traffic and weather up on the iPad screen in addition to the G3X.

It does indeed....and it uses industry standard connectors on it (BNC's and Dsub).

Cheers,
Stein

Back