What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fired Up the Panel - G3X

upperdeck

Well Known Member
So today was a bit of a milestone, I fired up the panel. I haven't bothered to set anything up yet, and the can bus isn't entirely wired since the roll servo/wings aren't installed.

LvWrcXqh.jpg

Thanks! The round dial is an O2 sensor that EFII recommends. It's actually a digital readout that puts a numerical value on the mixture setting.

That does look great!

Don't forget that you can power up each display with the Direct-To button pushed and put them into demo mode if you want to take a picture with all the failed indications gone.

While you are in demo mode, you can put in a flight plan, touch the airspeed tape to give it airspeed, engage the autopilot, and "fly" to a destination at any altitude while learning to use the autopilot including coupled VNAV descents.

Thanks,
Steve

Looks great!

I am about to do the same and cant wait to see the (new to me) Dynon panel and what it can do.

Thanks for post.

Thanks! The round dial is an O2 sensor that EFII recommends. It's actually a digital readout that puts a numerical value on the mixture setting.

Hopefully you got the newer version of the PLX AFR (Air/Fuel Ratio) sensor. I need to update mine. I'm stuck using the older Bosch sensors, which don't last very long with leaded fuel. Pretty much every oil change, I can count on replacing that sensor.
Although, I will say, once you get the EFII system dialed, the AFR info becomes less important because you'll know where it is based off your fuel flow anyway. It's amazing what just .3 gph can change on the AFR.

Panel looks sick! The 650 combined with the G3X is glorious. It's like cheating :D

Hopefully you got the newer version of the PLX AFR (Air/Fuel Ratio) sensor. I need to update mine. I'm stuck using the older Bosch sensors, which don't last very long with leaded fuel. Pretty much every oil change, I can count on replacing that sensor.
Although, I will say, once you get the EFII system dialed, the AFR info becomes less important because you'll know where it is based off your fuel flow anyway. It's amazing what just .3 gph can change on the AFR.

Panel looks sick! The 650 combined with the G3X is glorious. It's like cheating :D

Hopefully I have the newer version of the PLX then! I'm not sure how to determine that though?

Back