What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Intermittent squeal on transmit

Michael Henning

Well Known Member
I have tried the search function, no joy. I have an occasional equal on transmit that I can hear in headset, but what I hear is more of a static sound, controller hears a squeal. It is an Icom A200, Flightcom FC-403 stereo intercom. I have tried different headsets, problem is still there. Where is a good starting point? I have about 200 hours on plane now, and this started about 5 hours ago.
Many thanks in advance.

I have tried the search function, no joy. I have an occasional equal on transmit that I can hear in headset, but what I hear is more of a static sound, controller hears a squeal. It is an Icom A200, Flightcom FC-403 stereo intercom. I have tried different headsets, problem is still there. Where is a good starting point? I have about 200 hours on plane now, and this started about 5 hours ago.
Many thanks in advance.

Try swapping in a known good IC A200 to see if the problem follows the radio.

Check Antenna Couplings

I had a bad intermittent static problem with my radio reception and transmissions and discovered during some unrelated work that my connection to my antenna was faulty. Redid the connections and the problem disappeared. Good luck with your hunting.

Back