What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A/C

DeltaVee47

Anyone has or will put a/c on their -14? If so, any details would be appreciated. Living in South Texas we really appreciate good cold air.
Thanks
Greg Beckner

Company in Cordelle Ga

There is a company that sells a portable unit. It ways about 40 lbs and can be removed. Arctic Air is the company. They also sell the ice cooler that blows but this one is a ac unit. You do have to have a vent.

The RV-14A built for Alex De Dominicis for transition training had A/C installed. The plane has since been sold, but I believe Alex will have more information on installation considerations.

A/c

Thanks all for the suggestions. I did try the artic air with the cooler in the Bo but only lasts about one hour. :(. Not a realistic solution for these parts but I will look into the actual a/ c product. The venting issue is what prompted me to start thinking about this since I wondered if any of the install should be done before I mate the emp to fuse. I am pretty much ready to do the join soon.
Cheers
Greg Beckner

From what I have seen, the install would definitely be easier before the fuselage is all closed up (wiring, tunnels, etc.). Also, there are a number of mods required inside the engine compartment.

Had a long conversation with Bill at Airflow Systems re RV 14 a/c. He has 2 flying -14s with his system and another on the way. It seems like a doable project, requiring little in the way of changes to the plans except for the addition of a scoop and a rerouting of the air inlet snorkel. He sent a couple of pix which I will share with anyone who sends me their address. Cost approx 7K, expect increase after the first of the year.
Cheers
Greg Beckner

Last edited:
Back