What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How to straighten HS1013, 1014 and 1015 on rv-10

Check out this recent thread on the same topic: http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=148089&highlight=flute

I'm just about to this step in my build so I'll be doing the same thing soon.

Umm, I wouldn't do that right away. That thread is about fluting flanges on ribs. The parts in question are 2 stringers and a spar cap. If the bow isn't too bad I'd see if they can be clecoed/clamped in-place without too much effort before doing anything to get the bow out. In any case, it's been a long time but IIRC the material thickness of those parts might be too thick to flute easily. If they can be fluted, I'd still ask Van's or wait to see if someone like Vic or Jesse will chime in before using fluting as the solution for these specific parts.

Last edited:
What you see is normal for the production of these parts and they can be used as is because of the small force required to to make them nest in the spar channel.

I found by placing a towel on the end of my bench and slowly rolling the stringer over it takes enough of the bend out of it.

Back