What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gosh darned PURPLE WIRE?

E. D. Eliot

Well Known Member
Sorry to admit, I have a problem to which I can't find the solution even after studying the wiring diagram - help please.

We are wiring up the wires on the engine side of the FW. Suddenly, out of nowhere, we have a small PURPLE WIRE which is attached to the bottom of the starter solenoid at one end and the other end attaches to ?????

This wire bifurcates into two wires at the free end. At the end of one of the wires, there is a small rubber plug over the electrical connector. That leads me to think that it plugs into some sort of appliance - but where? The other end of the bifurcated wire is bare! I am guessing that it had a similar rubber plug cover and that it has been stripped away from wherever it was plugged into the wires by my clumsy hands.

Help please - as you can see, I really need it! Thanks.

They are likely the wires that get connected for activation of the Soft-start function of the engine (activation of the starter motor triggers the soft-start mode).
Very recently, the engines began being delivered with a pigtail that these wires connect to, which I think requires a different pin.
If you have a recent engine with the pigtail contact tech support at Van's for help in adapting the connections.

My electrical system diagram shows purple wire K766 splitting into K315 routed to the A ignition module, and K767 routed to the B ignition module

Awesome and thank you both

I am overwhelmed by both responses. I appreciate so much. Thank you - you have made my sleep tonight peaceful. Best to you, Ed

Back