View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim2542 View Post
I must be missing something, but I cannot discern the pin out from the install manual for the connections to my GRT HS units. It shows a diagram for the "MiniX" only as far as I can tell.

Connections to the 430W and 327 are clear except there appears some question if shielded wire is called for or not, it's shown in the diagrams, but dismissed in the text.

Last question, I have been feeding Navworx 600 thru pin 14 (1.5 amp max switched power) on the GTX327 and for convenience see no reason to change this.... except it probably ought to be on its own fuse or breaker.
Shane?? Anyone?
Thanks, Tim Andres
Tim,

We reference the MiniX simply as an example. Your HS has serial ports. The EchoUAT pin# 3 needs to be connected to an available serial port on your HS, preferably a high speed port. Then you need to set that serial port to ADS-B In and 115200 for the baud rate or speed. We don't specific the actual port as it can be different depending on your connection and if you are using a serial port combiner as well. It just needs to be connected to any available Serial Port In, you won't use the Out, in your set up.

As for the serial connection from the GTX327 and Echo, you'll use the Transponder Monitor, not the serial connection due to using the 430W as the GPS. You have GPS signal coming in on the Echo pin 6 (com2 rx)from the 430w, as ADSB+ and 9600 for the rate. Then you'll use the Echo pin 3 (Com1 TX)to send GDL 90 Traffic Uplink data to the GRT via RS232 at 115200, preferably. That ties up your serial speeds for those ports. You'l set the Control Source to Transponder Monitor and we'll get the Squawk, Pressure Alt, iDent, etc by that method... which works great on the 327. I hope this helps.

Last edited by Shane@uAvionix : 01-09-2018 at 01:05 PM.