What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Baffle Material ??

dbc12

Time to replace baffle seals. Does anyone have experience with McFarlane Cowl Saver Baffle Seal Material. Is it really better than the usual silicon? They claim less abrasion and vibration transfer to the cowl. Hype or fact? Thoughts appreciated.

Time to replace baffle seals. Does anyone have experience with McFarlane Cowl Saver Baffle Seal Material. Is it really better than the usual silicon? They claim less abrasion and vibration transfer to the cowl. Hype or fact? Thoughts appreciated.

Its fact. Ever see the demo in person or on the web? I used it in my -10. Well worth the extra $100 or so IMHO.

+1

I see no evidence of rubbjg on my cowl and it sure does seem smooth.

Between my oil temps and Cylinder Head temps being low I have to think I have great sealing with my McFarlane baffle seals.

Scored or not

McFarland offers the material in either a scored version or not. Is the scored version better for the RV cowl type. I guess I?m not understanding the benefit.:confused:

Resurrecting this thread anyone know which way to buy this stuff in the 3 inch or is it better to get the sheet?

baffling material

I just purchased some from Aircraft Spruce. McFarlane still sells it. I ordered gray and it came black on one side and gray on the other. It sure wasn't all gray like I had pick up eight years ago. Life!!!!! Three inches works great.

Chuck Brietigam
RV-6XXL

Last edited:
McFarlane Cowl Saver Baffle Seal Material.

Looking for a piece of the older MacFarlane cowl saver baffling material. It is gray on both sides and was discontinued several years back. The new material is black on one side and gray on the other. That doesn't work for my needs. I'm looking for a piece of the older material approximately 3" x 15."
Thanks, Chuck

Back