What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sweet Tip

DanH

Legacy Member
Mentor
The RV crowd really is a Community, with a capital "C", full of varied interests. Half the fun is burrowing in and learning what they're doing when they are not building and flying.

Here's a tip; next week, at OSH, try to find Dave Howe. I think he will be at the Sunday HBC beer tasting, as well as the RV Social on Monday. Here's why. Dave makes peanut brittle. One of his recipes is "Beer Brittle"...and it's absolutely, positively the best peanut anything I've ever tasted. I suspect he will have some with him. Ask for it. Beg for it if necessary.

Cookie, you out there? Girlfriend, you have competition ;)

We've been mowing on Dave's Treats this week too! YUM. (Thanks Dave!)

Somehow, there is an abundance of, yet to be baked, supplies in my refrigerator right now. I don't know what Dave's yield is, but our quality control department is brutal here.

One of his recipes is "Beer Brittle"...and it's absolutely, positively the best peanut anything I've ever tasted.

You southerners eat boiled peanuts:eek:--------anything peanut would taste better than boiled ones.

But------gotta agree that Dave's confectionery skills are right up there with his "aircrafting" ones.

It’s so good that I took my oxygen mask off at 17.5K (for a minute) to enjoy the last little bit in my pre-Oshkosh bag.....

Beer - its not just for drinking!

You southerners eat boiled peanuts:eek:--------anything peanut would taste better than boiled ones.

But------gotta agree that Dave's confectionery skills are right up there with his "aircrafting" ones.

Why you'all ain't had nutt'n till you had yerselves a pot o them boilt pea-nuts! Salted jes right, an a colt Bud, ....man o man! That is the s-t-u-f-f!

Anybody coming back to Arlington, WA wanna bring me a bag of that beer brittle, I'll pay you back!

Back