What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Just pulled the trigger on tail kit.

Salter

Hello all, I am new to the forum and fairly new to RV's. I have seen RV's for years and was impressed with their looks. Then this past September I started assisting a friend of mine with his RV9A.

He was already very far along with his build as he had all the main kits already built but not put together.

Long story short, I assisted when I could and we got everything together, inspected and flying in February.

The RV bug bit me and now I have pulled the trigger on a -14 tail kit. I am looking forward to it, as I missed most all of the construction part with the 9A.

I am looking forward to it. How long did it take you to get the kit after order?

Vans usually has the emp. kits in stock. I was very impressed they fedexed my kit to europe in under a week! I was like WAAAAHAHHHTTTT

Welcome to the club! your will have a blast with this ;)

Welcome Aboard!

Chris,

Welcome, this is a heck of a roller coaster!

Please see private message.

Best of luck!
Michael

Congratulations!

Welcome. I pulled the trigger this passed December with the -14 Empennage kit and started building in January. The plans are pretty straight forward and easy to follow. I would, however, recommend reading several steps ahead of what you are doing.

If you have questions during your build, ask. I've emailed Van's a few times and their response times and information have been great. I also frequently reference other builder sites for information.....wealth of information.

Enjoy the process and have fun!

Back