What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Building an rv 10

Kiwi flyer

New to vaf. Has been a great resource for me in determining if the 10 is going to be a good plane for my mission. I'm sure if I build a 10 I will be using this forum a lot. I'm based in the north east of Alabama and are wanting to be able to see both a completed kit and one in the build process. Any owners who have some time to help me out let me know, I can fly and meet you any where in the south east. Thx Pete.

Here

Hi Pete,
I'm in Louisville, Ga with a ten year old -10 that I simply adore. We're at 2J3 and you can fly mine, left seat. 478 494 37fife7.

Best,

Welcome to VAF. People here are great!

I'm building a -10 over in Starkville MS (KSTF). I have wings & tail done. I am nearing the end of the fuse kit -- a week or so away from attaching tail. You are welcome to visit and look and touch. A buddy in my EAA chapter has a flying -10 we could likely arrange to see it.

JWB

I am the Van's East Coast Representative and have a 10 at GA04, just South of Atlanta. Give me a call and we can talk about a 10 (I've built 2), and perhaps you can come over and see one and even fly it. :)

Vic

Welcome

Pete, welcome aboard the good ship VAF:D

You will love the 10, and both Pierre and Vic are great ambassadors of the model, you cant go wrong with either of these fine gentlemen.

Thx guys, just home to get lunch, will be in touch when I get in this evening. Appreciate all the offers. Pete

Other RV owners in your area

There are a couple RV sources in North Alabama:

Moontown EAA has a number of active RV builders www.eaa190.com
There is a fly-in every second Saturday, a neat airport with a grass strip and good people.

There is also a North Alabama RV Builders Group. Many of the guys are flying, some building but there is a active email interchange. http://www.tvrvbg.org/

Justin also has a finished and flying RV-10, here is here on VAF under the user name J Twillbeck, VAF user info below. You can send him a PM
Justin Twilbeck
RV-10 N521TW
Flying!!
http://buildingrv10.blogspot.com

Send me a PM and I can hook you up with others who are building other RV models.
Ben

New to vaf. Has been a great resource for me in determining if the 10 is going to be a good plane for my mission. I'm sure if I build a 10 I will be using this forum a lot. I'm based in the north east of Alabama and are wanting to be able to see both a completed kit and one in the build process. Any owners who have some time to help me out let me know, I can fly and meet you any where in the south east. Thx Pete.

There was an RV-10 based at Pell City a few years ago, but it's gone now. If you make it down to X35 in north FL, I'd be happy to spend some time with you talking about -10's.

@Kiwiflyer I'm just down the street from in Trussville .. working on a 14 .. PM me if you want my contact info would love to compare notes.

Also, if you want to see the madness in progress stop by, my QB Fuse+Wings, finishing kit, firewall forward kit be here on Monday and my IO-390 in a couple weeks. Already have my panel and the emp finished, seats done, carpet and custom grips on the way.

You can see what it takes, tools, space, etc. We can have a beer and discuss the delusional decision making and insane amount of fun you will have building an airplane in your basement.

Last edited:
Back