What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 POH Final Draft

BigD

Well Known Member
I have (mostly) finished my POH - if you're interested in a copy, send me an email. Partial credit goes to Kevin Horton as I used his version as a template and lifted the terminology section - thanks! Have sent an email to DR about posting it here, but after reading his views on email have doubts (for now). File size is 3MB. Really.

==dave==
N102FM

It would be good to have another example of a RV 10 POH available, as there is only one so far in the POH list.

http://www.vansairforce.net/poh.htm

Not sure what you are talking about DR's views on email???

I would like a copy, will send you a message.

Thanks.

Question. What is the best glide speed for the -10. I have been looking at various POH's and have seen glide speeds of 80, 85, 90, and 92 knots. Does anyone know what the Vans spec is, I could not find it on their WEB page.

Disclaimer - I'm just another builder...the best answer is probably it depends. In our testing, engine at idle with prop fwd, mid-weight, it first looked close to 80 KIAS, but some of the data points were questionable - couldn't draw a perfect Nigel Speedy curve...further attempts with longer glides got us closer to 85 with a 'better' curve, so that's what we're using.

==dave==
N102FM

Errata

For those who have asked for a copy, one of the recipients pointed out that the stall speeds listed at the beginning of Section 4 are 'backwards.' (Thanks Ernst). I've fixed that; the table in the beginning of Section 5 is correct. Just like a condition (or other) inspection, a second set of eyes can be very useful....

==dave==
N102FM

Would love a copy as well - still a ways off, but I'll get there eventually :)

cderk at icloud.com

Thanks

Nothing to reference this to, but thank you very much for sharing your product. This a great POH, I'll definitely use this as a base for my aircraft!

Me too, Please!

Thanks so much for making this POH. If you would, please email me a copy as well. Thanks for all your efforts.

pbrown63 at comcast.net

Now the POH is posted here (thanks DR) so I can get out of the email order business. I would ask that you continue to either post or send any comments/questions/corrections however. Thanks for all the feedback so far.

==dave==
N102FM

Back