What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FWF Kit Question: things to delete

Stockmanreef

Well Known Member
I plan to purchase the FWF kit and would like to know if there are things to delete from the kit that would be better to purchase separate. I am going with the Aircraft Specialty hoses when I figure out the engine, mags, and fuel servo. Anything else?

Thanks
ken

Tom brings up a great point....

He is our first customer that is doing a back up pad mounted alternator on the RV-14. Even though our FWF hose package did fit with the backup pad mounted alternator, we worked with him to slightly modify the oil lines in order to give better clearance on the pad mounted backup unit.

Our FWF package ordering page now has an additional drop down option asking if you are utilizing a backup alternator so we can ensure the kit fits your configuration perfectly.

Thanks to Tom for helping us with this additional configuration.

Happy Building, and thank you to all of you who have allowed us to earn your business.

Steve

Hoses if you go with Aircraft Specialty, exhaust if you go with Vetterman, spinner if you go with alternate prop/spinner than stock. And as mentioned you can delete the fuel flow red cube if you go Garmin.

As I went through this decision process, the list of stuff I would get elsewhere translated to not getting the FWF kit. Examples:
- B&C alternator
- Airflow Systems oil cooler
- PCU 5000X governor
- Different master solenoids and different mounting locations (so the kit wiring would be all wrong)
- Hoses
- Cable brackets
- Cabin heat box

I?ll still buy some elements from Van?s, but these will be alicarte.

Carl

I talk with SteinAir and the reduce can be left out of the garmin package. So it can be left out of the Van's kit or the garmin kit.

Back