What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Best airport when visiting Denver

atxpilot

I'm planning to fly into Denver today through Sunday. Is there a recommended airport to tie town for the weekend considering fees, fuel price, etc? I'm staying with friends who live in Evergreen and was thinking either KAPA or KBJC.

If someone is nice enough and has hangar space for a few days, that would greatly appreciated and my top choice!

Airport near Denver

I have used Front Range (KFTG) multiple times in my Tailwind. Great people and good location. Just south of Denver International. Not as close to Evergreen as Centennial but it is my airport of choice in the area.
Keith

Front Range

My vote is for Front Range, too. They have very reasonable tiedown, hangar, and rental car fees, and were very helpful when I called to make arrangements for the trip (and also when I called to cancel due to weather!)

Yeah, it's in the middle of nowhere, and it was almost an hour drive from where I needed to be, but KBJC, the 'convenient' airport for the trip, wanted almost $180/night for a hangar :eek:

Another vote for Front Range. Had great service from there in March, especially considering it was my first time into a busy airspace. FTG is easy to get into, at least it is from the East and North.

Front Range too

I too favor Front Range...Great people and reasonable rates. Use the heated hangar in the winter for very little fee if fueling.

Back