What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Filters

Future RV 9 Flyer

Hi all,going fuel injected on my 9A and using Vans AFP high pressure fuel pump and was thinking of using EFII's pre-filter instead of the afp filter.$38 compared to afp price of $150.anyone see a problem with this? Thanks. Dave

my take on this is if the psi,micron size, and gpm match a quality filter should be fine. if the product has a good rep. I do it.

Can't really compare the two, disposable vs reusable and much more surface area on the AFP.

The finger type filters all autos with fuel injection use are amazing ! Almost life time use !
Check out filters with race car suppliers ! Jeggs and others on internet .Tom

No comparison between the two filters. The AFP filter is a high quality unit that can be disassembled and cleaned. The also come in various SS micron filter ratings. The EFII is a generic disposable auto fuel filter that you throw out and replace.

I bought the Floweze filters. They are a filter discussed here on VAF and they run about $90. Still not cheap but are reported to be a good filter. Replacement filter elements are available too.

flo eze makes a series 1050 for $45. it has a reuseable pleated stainless steel disc,size of filter area is 7 inches. some filters have much more than 7 inches filter area but I would think regular maintenance would make 7 inches way more than enough. made from a solid alum. billet.

Just a note on the filters that can be disassembled and cleaned - the labels do NOT react well to carburetor cleaner sprayed in them during the cleaning process. Best to avoid that, or just remove the labels entirely and use a scribe to indicate direction of fuel flow on the metal exterior itself.

Or you can do like me, and figure it out the hard way. :D

Back