What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Denso Alternator with Transpo V1200 regulator

Mousse

Well Known Member
Hi,

I am looking for assistance in wiring this system. I can't get this system to work wired as per diagram supplied with it. Obviously the wiring diagram supplied by Air-Tec Inc does not work. The best I was able to do is wiring Bat. power to terminals A and S to illuminate the three troubleshooting LED. But, wired as such, the idiot light won't work.

As the supplier is unable to assist at this time and as this combination of alt. and regulator has been mentioned on this forum in the past, I am hoping one of the resident electrical guru could provide me with some assistance.

Michel

I'd be helpful if you listed the part number of each item. In the case of the alt, all numbers on the label.

I ran an alt & Transpo reg sold by Mark Landoll back in the mid-'90s, before moving to internally regulated alts. I *might* be able to find his hookup diagram, but Transpo makes a LOT of different regulators.

If you prefer, you can email me pics of the alternator label, the back showing the terminals, and a pic of the Transpo regulator. (I certainly won't put you through the hassle of linking pics on this forum.)

Were both sold by Airtec, or are you just trying to use their diagram?

A shot of the wiring diagram would be good, too, to see if all the stuff 'matches up'.

Charlie
[email protected]

The Transpo voltage regulator is a V1200 and the alternator is a Denso but I don't have the model number or the wiring diagram on hand. I will post a pictures of the wiring diagram and get the alternator model number tomorrow.

Thanks RV7. I went to the aeroelectric link in the matronics link and it seems to be gone. Figures! The only place that says, this is the wiring that should work is gone. Argh.

For those following. Turns out the wiring diagram that came with the unit was correct but one of my wires had a bad crimp and no power was being supplied to the field. The wire, of course the hardest to reach and most difficult to replace, was just a few inches long and seemed a very unlikely candidate for the fault. Figures again. Thanks for the input and advice.

Back