What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Steinair CB Panel

JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
I have the SteinAir mid-console 30-position CB panel in hand. Does anyone who used this have any pictures of how they wired the backside? How they brought the main 14V supply to the assembly and tied it in?

I'll figure out a way but looking for ideas....

I have the same panel but not sure what you are asking, some of the CBs are fed from my avionics bus and some from the main power bus so if you want minimum wires you would need at least 2 feed lines of sufficient gauge to the panel. If the CBs are separated by bus you can use bus bars to connect the like CBs together. The proper sequence is Power(bus) - CB - Switch - Device.
Leaving the panel you still need individual wires to each device. I have individual lines from the busses to the CB panel (30) and individual lines out (30).

I was thinking of how to have the most compact arrangement with busbars on the CB assembly to avoid an upstream terminal block.

The cleanest would probably be one feed wire from each bus that powers a CB then bus bars between the grouped breakers.

Played around with it. Was thinking of having each row tie into a long strip with one screw per row to the main bar. Then measured and bent up the funny piece here. Benefit is it can screw down to the regular screw of the breakers one connection with per row. Might not t be an adequate connection??

The two on the right were playing around with the side bar main bus idea.

Last edited:
Back