What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Deluxe Rear Throttle Lever

CMW

Well Known Member
New Deluxe Rear Throttle Lever - New Batch

RV8ers,

I'm making some rear throttle levers that better match the deluxe levers so many of us are using in the front seat. This is a drop in replacement for the lever that is provided in Vans Rear Seat Throttle optional kit. The advantages to this lever over stock are 1) Better looking, in my biased opinion :D 2) Doesn't stick out as far so it reduces the chance of being bumped by the back seater's knee and 3) It seems to bind less than the stock lever, due to the shorter offset which reduces the twist in the arm. If you're interested please email me at [email protected] or PM me. Price is $45.00 which includes shipping to the lower 48.

IMG_0418.JPG"

IMG_0423.JPG"

Here's a new picture of what the lever looks like if you choose to have it anodized. I also engraved a placard for the lever.

IMG_0013.JPG

Thanks,

Chris

Last edited:
2 left

Hi all,

I have 2 left in stock from the last batch if anyone is interested.

Chris

2 sold

The two I had in stock have been sold but I'll go ahead and run another batch. Email or PM me if interested.

Thanks,

Chris

Good idea, Chris, and looks like you've done a great job in manufacturing these levers.

I found the same two objections with the rear throttle lever -- too long which caused the binding. So, I just removed the handle and cut it off on the band saw, then polished the cut edge with the Scotchbrite wheel. Looks like yours but the knob is black with a silver edge.

Chris, I sent you an e-mail.

The stock rear throttle interfers with my wife's knee. I removed the
back ball and slid a red sleeve over the lever (the rubber thread protector
that came on the spar bolts), but this looks Rube G. to me. Like yours
much better.

2 Left Again!

It seems that no matter how many I make in a batch, I always end up with 2 left over. So if anyone wants one, I have 2 in stock.

Thanks again,

Chris

Sorry Bob

Bob, I'm sorry I haven't received your emails. I replied via the above link.

Thanks,

Chris

New Batch of Levers

All,

I just completed another batch of levers. If anyone wants one just email me at [email protected].

Pat, if you see this - check your PMs. Your email gets kicked back.

Thanks again,

Chris

What a beauty!

That throttle lever is a beauty! If you have any left, I'm in. Notice you are in Livermore, we are at Hayward Airport. Looking for Builder Assistance on an RV-8 about 90% done on airframe. Will pay! Know anyone local with time and experience?

James Hawkins
[email protected]
415-516-8282

New picture added to first post

I added a new picture to the first post showing the lever after it is anodized. I still have quite a few in stock if anyone needs one let me know.

Thanks again,

Chris

[email protected]

Anodized levers and engraved placards

All,

If anybody wants one, I had a batch of levers anodized and am offering them for $65.00ea including shipping. I also have the ability to make the engraved placard shown below for $35.00ea. If anybody wants either, let me know via PM or email at [email protected].

Thanks again,

Chris

IMG_0057.JPG

IMG_0058.JPG

Bob,

I contacted you via your web site and sent you another email to try.

Regards,

Chris

New Batch of Anodized Levers

All,

I made another batch of anodized levers. If anybody needs a lever or placard, let me know via PM or email at [email protected].

Thanks again,

Chris

Last Batch Of Levers

All,

I have 7 more of the anodized levers and one un-anodized lever still in stock. If anybody needs a lever or placard, let me know via PM or email at [email protected].

Thanks again,

Chris

Great Stuff

I bought one of these before the anoidized version came out. Then swapped it out for the anonized and placard. Chris does really nice work at what I think is a bargin price.

Regards,

Michael Wynn
RV 8 Wiring
San Ramon, CA

Hi from Argentina. I have an RV-8 without rear throttle installed. How complicated is to install the rear throttle to an finished plane? Thank you

Back