What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Section 29 ....Help

steve murray

Well Known Member
Every time I do something I think is I think makes sense but is not explicitly stated in the plans I find out I was wrong. (The -10 plans are so much more advanced than my RV8 plans from 10 years ago)

I am in section 29, I have rolled the right mid skin F-1070R using the clamping block (90% satisfied with the results...) but cannot find where I roll the left skin (F1070L) should I go ahead and roll the left skin even though it is not explicitly stated..... seems like I am missing something.... help? When I do roll the left mid side skin....where is it stated.

Last edited:
I am in section 29, I have rolled the right mid skin F-1070R using the clamping block (90% satisfied with the results...) but cannot find where I roll the left skin (F1070L) should I go ahead and roll the left skin even though it is not explicitly stated..... seems like I am missing something.... help? When I do roll the left mid side skin....where is it stated.

There is no reason to not roll the F1070R at this point. It is a mirror of the left skin. I could not find the reference in the plans either ... not sure if there is one. I did mine in the same work session to make sure my lessons learned from the first were fresh in my mind for the second skin.

Right skin

I called the mothership just the other day about this. Answer ;repeat for right side. They just missed that notation on the drawings.

Van's post many of the revisions online, although when I was building it wasn't always 100%. I think it depended on how significant the change. i.e. a few typos, or a process/part change.

The RV-10 plans get more terse as you go through the project. The tail kit is very verbose on each and every step. By the time you get to the later kits, they don't walk you through each and every step. They assume that you've learned when and when not to dimple or countersink. In many cases, if you do the right, follow the same procedure on the left.

Back