What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rear deck

tracy

Well Known Member
Friend
Can someone tell me if the F-810D angle and 810c spacer on the rear HS mounting deck come already mounted on the QB kit.

I haven't double-checked the plans yet, but since those parts are not listed on the inventory sheet of my QB -8, I'd say they are. I'll do more research and let you know.

After checking my plans and fuselage, the angle is F-801C-1 and the spacer is F-810D-1, and they are installed.

Last edited:
Thanks Martin, I was looking at a building sight where they said they lenghtened the angle because of not enough clearence with the stab bolts. That seems to be a problem when attaching tail.

Hi Martin,

I'm curious to know if Van's has fixed the short F-801 angle problem on QB's as just mentioned - are you able to get your head inside the rear of your fuselage and see if the F-801C does nest perfectly inside the longerons? Yours is probably the newest QB fuselage on here, and I'm interested to know!

Cheers :)

Hugh

Hi Martin,

I'm curious to know if Van's has fixed the short F-801 angle problem on QB's as just mentioned - are you able to get your head inside the rear of your fuselage and see if the F-801C does nest perfectly inside the longerons? Yours is probably the newest QB fuselage on here, and I'm interested to know!

Cheers :)

Hugh

I made up a composite photo... in this case worth 3000 words, but it looks like the angle does nest nicely against the longerons. You can decide for yourself... but I take into account the fact that Van's inspects the QB components and tags them as serviceable before shipping. I know that ultimately it's up to the builder, but for me the Van's inspection carries some weight. I hope this helps.
Pw9NFOOdSk9gOSHDW9OfcsAP8LI3EvIrX3s8lE8huWS3k7shrnuyWNlr_I5BFBXBWT0W0gfCG-bQr1lHnIz5d_mzSvZpOIrhYzzCK4oZznBgDV7ncHUlKuX1TCCgoB8Ywb1iAzTZbSs-9JQyKM3pCvg4Gfx0u0r361teE9csallinDWDc2edkvfQOHKm27nzHVrdZabZJxs5h-0Ij6Di8ps462cbwmBaEK4d5WM3qoPpOtnj7L65ce9_HCHz12Gh38YUdAHKzArPsktsng36YV8VaFpR_nK0YYJXDBD7wAo-wH-vfRSCF_Ku87mzJIwOLhFUOiJpYvZ4LgpzkXjCOEwAsw6aAIVR2AgasFySAMEXHcDgpTdF3z6CHRdng2183cIkrve8-HcCGMUefXy1LL9z2kXxqpFat6KyQOQvDinpqoetEsfQq6KGj5bAEKquDhDdQNyg1WBq3xfSeWz7-xXn8tbkUauYwLd0HRnYBifC0lm4Oio6w2zkCevCyHNpnFrfLVPT0tVR7Mw1ODhqgHKY4ZfnB5z5nzx5K-7g8H_CttrRmedbYmBTs-7AjoELFI88J97Y50eVSWBIdZDK20s6huqtWCasXYrMJGRtRuws2P3jvRGF=s974-no

Thanks Martin, great photos.

That angle on my 2008 QB is quite a bit shorter than yours, which means I won't be able to meet MED without replacing it. Seems to be an issue on earlier QB's. Yours looks good though, I'm glad Van's are quietly sorting these issues on QB's. Great product overall though!

Have fun with your new bits!

Hugh

Back