What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Page 46A-10 Wheel Fairing

bkervaski

Hellloooooooo!
Testing
On page 46A-10 it says:

Mark screw locations on the U-01431-L & -R Nose Wheel Fairing Bracket flanges as per Figure 1. The marks will be visible through the wheel fairing.

My fairings are solid gray, assuming they are newer as I've seen pics of some that are a bit transparent.

If that's the case then I guess I can go ahead and finish the U-01431 with nut-plates and then mark from the inside to drill the fairing holes?

Last edited:
You should have received a bag of magnetic balls. (Bet you didn't know what those were for!) Use those to find the location to drill through the opaque fairings. I haven't done it yet, but I found the instructions and it looks doable.

You should have received a bag of magnetic balls. (Bet you didn't know what those were for!) Use those to find the location to drill through the opaque fairings. I haven't done it yet, but I found the instructions and it looks doable.

Instructions are in section 5 of the construction manual.

Hunting around on the Van's website .. my section 5 is dated 2015, assuming I have an old one since there's no mention of it (and some of the other references haven't quite lined up) .. anyone know where to download an updated version? The only one I can find on the website is from 2013.

Vans aircraft

Hunting around on the Van's website .. my section 5 is dated 2015, assuming I have an old one since there's no mention of it (and some of the other references haven't quite lined up) .. anyone know where to download an updated version? The only one I can find on the website is from 2013.
Vansaircraft.com. Support. rV14/14a. Revisions. Section 5. Dated 2017

Back