What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Pump Port Question

Zazoos

Well Known Member
I purchased my low time 0320 back in Oct 2018 and even though I helped pull the engine off the plane after demonstration flight I have forgotten a few things.

I numbered the 3 ports on on the output side of the fuel pump. Does this seem correct.
My guess is:
1. To the carb. (however, very restrictive port)
2. To the transducer.
3. Overflow

FuelPump.jpg

3 is the overflow

2 is the fitting for a hose to the carb

1 is a restricted (probably) fitting for a smaller hose to a fuel pressure sender.

Out of sight behind the pump should be a threaded (not pipe thread) hole for the inlet fuel hose fitting.

This is the fitting needed for the inlet - note it uses an O-ring to seal -

07-00780.jpg

If you are basing your guesses by the direction the fitting face - No problem, the rt angle fitting should have a stop nut against the pump, loosen this and rotate the fitting as needed.

Last edited:
You have 1 & 2 reversed. The restricted fitting goes to the pressure gauge.

Does this look like the correct fuel pump inlet.
https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/gfitting00781.php
If so, is that an AN 6?

Thanks for the help.

3 is the overflow

2 is the fitting for a hose to the carb

1 is a restricted (probably) fitting for a smaller hose to a fuel pressure sender.

Out of sight behind the pump should be a threaded (not pipe thread) hole for the inlet fuel hose fitting.

This is the fitting needed for the inlet - note it uses an O-ring to seal -

07-00780.jpg

If you are basing your guesses by the direction the fitting face - No problem, the rt angle fitting should have a stop nut against the pump, loosen this and rotate the fitting as needed.

Trent---#1 is for fuel pressure, #3 for pump overflow. IF you are using a flow transducer, like a flo scan or a cube, it goes between #2 and your carb.

Tom

Back