What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Volunteering at Oshkosh

Paul K

Well Known Member
I plan to arrive early Saturday and park on HBC with my just completed 7A. My question is, I would like to volunteer for several days, at least through Monday. How do I go about doing this?

Homebuilders Education Center

Paul,
It's great that you want to be involved and contribute.
There are many areas where your help would be appreceated but I'd like to suggest the Homebuilders Education Center. You can check in at the HQ building. Wayne or one of his assistants will get your info and put you to work. You'll enjoy it and meet some interesting people.

Randy and John,

Thanks, I'll work wherever, not picky. Is there a "central volunteer facility" where I can check in and get assigned? I just want about two days to look around and not miss any of the social events :D So, looking to volunteer the rest of Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Tuesday is my looking around day and I plan to leave Wednesday after the show.

Hey Paul! I volunteered for many years at Showplane Camper registration in the Vintage area (still do if I can get spare time before the show). The good part is you meet a lot of really cool people and help them get situated after their big arrival. The bad part is you have to take their money!

Hey Katie,

You are the one who planted the volunteer bug in my ear!

Have you thought any more about flying over with me? Really would be great to have another pilot along and besides, you can teach me how to use this new glass panel!

Paul,

Great to hear your going to volunteer, the central sign in location is at the Big Red Barn in Camp Scholler.

Jon Adams

Last edited:
If you're walking on the main drag just north of the brown arch, you'll see a booth marked "volunteers." chat with the affable jolly chap there. The chances are pretty good it's Rich Emery, RV-7A builder (and I think pilot now, too)

Sure beats driving through Chicago! :D:D Sending you an email...

Hey Katie,

You are the one who planted the volunteer bug in my ear!

Have you thought any more about flying over with me? Really would be great to have another pilot along and besides, you can teach me how to use this new glass panel!

Other ways to volunteer at AirVenture

Several members of Chapter 256 and I volunteered for awork weekend in June to prepare for AirVenture. Jan, Madi and Bob Koehler and Mary and I spent the weekend cleaning and preparing the Homebuilders, Builder Education, Computer Center and repaired a door on one of the hangars. EAA provider lodging for the the four of us in the Binder house. (Madi is an intern for EAA and had her own accommodations). Mary swears there were 5 of us the Binder house, however we were not able to find the ghost moving furniture upstairs. We had dinner one night at Wendts and filled up on perch and deep-fried beans. It was great fun for all and a pleasure to see how our work was appreciated at AirVenture.

http://youtu.be/k9l-hnmmVSE

Paul & Mary Ruley
N277PM
RV7A Canopy Phase (again)
Lafayette IN
2013 Dues Paid

Didn't work out the way I had hoped. I planned to be there Saturday morning and help until Monday. However, the weather held me up until Monday about noon so I wasn't able to volunteer. I was really looking forward to it as another way to meet people and help at the same time. Perhaps next time!

Back