What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hartzell S Series governors

rleffler

Well Known Member
Does anyone have experience with the new Hartzell S Series governors than Van's offers?

Hartzell has had a bad rap on their governors. Van's has historically offer MT governors. A little over a year ago they started offering the new Hartzell S series governors.

I've been attempting to find information on the Hartzell S-1-32. An internet search yields nothing but the press release that they are being sold by Van's.

I've been told that Gus at Van's is the expert, but haven't been able to catch him near his phone.

I was surprized that I couldn't find any product information on Hartzell's site either.

I am aware of the merits of the PCU5000, so I'm not looking for recommendations to just buy the PCU5000. I'm actually attempting to compare the MT to the Hartzell and understand the merits of each product.

thanks,

bob

Hartzell governor

Bob,

Yes, we have the S-1-32 governor that is smaller and lighter than our older models. The "S-1" series has been STC'd on Diamond DA-40s and Piper Malibu/Matrix as well as OEM aircraft with good service history. I know we've sold several to RV builders and the only questions we've fielded so far deal with installation and set-up; no operational complaints that I'm aware of? The VA-153-PC cable bracket fits our governor too. The -32 is set up for 2700 RPM.

Bob, you are close enough that you could come by for a tour and see some S-1 governors being assembled? Also, if you have any set-up questions, I'm in Dublin frequetly enough for hands-on help if needed?

I believe Van's is charging the same price for our governors or MTs. I'm not sure what the price is for the PCU5000?

Don't hesitate to call or e-mail if you have any questions or would like to visit Piqua for a quick tour.

Les Doud
Hartzell Propeller
[email protected]
937-778-4262

Me thinks...

I would take him up on an offer of the tour. Seeing how stuff is manufactured is always on the top of my list of things to do.

I've toured their shop before. It's very impressive...super clean, well lit, very organized, and they're transitioning more and more towards fully CNC operation.

Back