What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rotax torque Specs

yankee-flyer

Well Known Member
I've been through the 912 installation and maintennance manuals provided on the CD with the engine and have not found a table of torque specs. Probably missed them, or the Germans call it something else-- can anyone point me to a Rotax-approved tabel of torque values?

Thanks very much

Wayne 120241-- workin' on the engine

Torque Values

John,

page 1-15 of the Vans Maint manual for the 12 has quite a few of them.

Instructions say use Rotax

The engine instructions state that Rotax torque specs supercede anything in the instructions. Still can't find anythnig in Rotax manual

Wayne

Rotax uses the Illustrated Parts Manual to detail torque values.
Look up the part you need a torque value for and it is generally listed with the part description.

Torque values are also given in the various maintenance manuals embedded within the instructions for each task and not always easy to find - at least for me. The Maintenance Manual (Heavy) also has a section giving torque values per fastner size if not specified elsewhere. I've seen this in other places, too, just can't remember where.

You should have copies of all the maintenance manuals for reference. They can be downloaded free, buts it's a pain to do it.

Back