What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Whirlwind 200RV - American Propeller

Peter.Fruehling

Well Known Member
I just received my prop from American Propeller yesterday and wanted to show you what an amazing job Kevin and his painter Doug did on it! I worked with John McFarling of http://www.airbornekustomz.com on the design for the prop and after we kicked ideas around for a month or so this is what we came up with. John would normally paint things like this himself but for me to get the warranty from American Propeller on the prop they needed to paint it. I?m VERY happy with the work and the prop!

The only thing that caught me a little was that one of the owners of American Propeller charged me extra to paint the spinner blue to match the blue on the prop AFTER we had agreed on the price and I had approved the proofs?which showed the spinner in blue. He said he could understand how it might seem like it was included because it was on the proofs. With that I offered to split additional cost with him and he declined saying that even though it was a misunderstanding and wasn?t clear, he was going to charge me the full amount if I wanted the spinner painted. I didn?t think that was cool but I was stuck at that point so I paid it and moved on.

Here is the proof and a couple shots of the prop from when it was delivered. It really looks great!

waodvs.jpg

smbn6d.jpg

2czzuc5.jpg

I want to reiterate that Kevin at American Propeller was AWEOSME to work with through the group buy as well as the ?Designer Prop? process. They are lucky to have him!

- Peter

Sweet!

That's BEAUTIFUL! Nice scheme and very pretty prop.

Mine ships today, and although it's just white until I decide on a paint scheme I am really excited to see it.

Trailing edge damage?

Oh my gosh! What happened to the trailing edge? It looks like it was damaged badly in shipping? ;) Just kidding, its just packing material, but for a second there.....

I've seen it with my own two eyeballs!!

It is absolutely stunning! The craftsmanship is beautiful no question about it. If the rest of Peter's plane looks as good as his prop...he is going to have a show winner on his hand. She's a beaut Peter!

I think he is trying to break the record for the most expensive to build RV7 in history....maybe he already has...

Must be nice to have that kind of cash to throw at one of these things in this economy !!! :confused: I am not jealous, just interested in learning the secret!!! :p

Very nice work and an amazing plane so far!!!

Ive painted several props in my time.. Something like that would set you back about 800 bucks or so.

I dont know what they charged Peter, Im sure they were cussing me while trying to lay that out :D
But i do that stuff all the time

Back