What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sun n' Fun RVers Get Together: Saturday April 25th

cyberpilot10

Well Known Member
Hello all

My wife and I will be at Sun-N-Fun from Tuesday April 21 to Sunday April 26th
We were thinking of having a RV owner / builder get together at the camp. Checking to see if anyone is interested in hanging out chating, a little hanger flying and adult beverage. and if so what night / nights?

thanks
Rich Denton

Transportation

Also would like to let you all know that if any fellow RV er flying in needs anything, don't hesitate to call. 813-785-6919

regards
Rich Denton

That sounds like fun. A buddy and I would love to attend. We can help bring the beer & ice. How about just ordering pizzas? Make it simple for you guys.

Love to attend

Rich,
I'd love to attend. I'll be down there Thursday nite through Sunday. I'll help if I can. Let us know dates.

We'll be There!!

Not sure exactly what 3 days we'll be there, but we'll have the 9A there.
Claret Red with Silver stripes.
Look forward to a RV Gathering.
Jack
N99552

I will be there with my Dad and brother Jeff, my building partners. We will be at the show on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. We're leaving Thursday open, could be at the show.

Looking forward to the whole week!!

We'll be there too

Paula and I will there Friday and Saturday, possibly Sunday. Love to know if there's going to be a group getting together in the evening.
Tom Hanaway
Boynton Beach
rv-10
FWF

RV get together

there is a night airshow on Friday. so probably should get together Thursday night or Saturday. My wife wouldn't miss the night airshow my two young boys love it too. That is my two future aviators.

Last edited:
Sun N Fun gathering

Sounds like a good time. I'll be in camp ground (west side) with 32' Winnie all week. Keep thread updated.

Now if I could just figure out how to get RV6 and motorhome to LAL/OSH at the same time....

Also expecting 3-4 more RV'ers fm JAX area.

sun-n-fun get together

ok it is official the date of the get together is going to be Saturday April 25th.
after the airshow. Our camper will be at the west end of the camping area in the 24 hour generator section. I will have my truck if anyone needs a ride and there is also a shuttle service provided by Sun-n-Fun, from the exhibit area to the camping area. More details to follow. I will be out there this weekend to help with volunteer clean up, and to get my camping permit. Once I get my camper placed in the next week I will leave the details....

Thanks
Rich Denton

Sorry I will miss the Sat night gathering.

I will be there Thurs & Friday.
Anyone interested in a lunch gathering?

Read Up

If you have a "new" home built plane out of state you will want to read up on the Florida Department of Revenue site. The "USE" tax might change your mind. Very questionable... check it out in regards to your state law before you go. Many have had issues. Enough said!

Last edited:
camper location

I took my camper over to Sun-N-Fun yesturday and it is located just south of the Cessna Center Next to the volunteer ketchen. I will post a map soon.

sun-n-fun rv,er get together

also if anyone would like, you will be able to drop your stuff (chairs,coolers,whatever) at our camper if you would like, so you don't have to carry them while trying to enjoy the exhibits. The camper is right by the Cessna exhibit area. Map to follow soon!!!!!

map

here is a map and a pic of the camper

9znejt.jpg

23k6vcm.jpg

by the way that new camper is the money I had for my wings and fuse quick build kit....( Family First boys ) it will all come back to you.

note to self : find a better place to stash your play money!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
sun n fun

So far Sun-N-Fun has been a blast. I hope all that made here are enjoying it also. I have had a chance to meet a few fellow RV ers. I hope to see you all at the camper 2moro night 6:30 p.m.

The Volunteer Kitchen has averaged 2,500 sandwiches made every day this week. I hope all the volunteers have enjoyed there lunch.
EAA Chapter 175 (serving those who serve)!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Rich Denton

No way!

If you have a "new" home built plane out of state you will want to read up on the Florida Department of Revenue site. The "USE" tax might change your mind. Very questionable... check it out in regards to your state law before you go. Many have had issues. Enough said!

I'd have to say GOOD LUCK trying to collect Tallahassee! We fly to Florida from Georgia in new experimentals all the time and never have an issue. I don't believe the sky is falling in the sunshine state yet. If Florida wants more money, why not collect it from all of our friends visiting with an auto tag displaying "Je Me Souviens"?

Clarification or elaboration would be nice when making this kind of post attached to SNF threads.

Party party

I just wanted to say thanks to all that came by on Saturday Night.... I think a good time was had by all who came. My wife sprang a surprise Birthday Party for my 40th so we had a mixed bunch of people there... Those of you that didn't make it missed out. Cammie changed the menu to BBQ Beef and Pork and put on a huge spread. Lots of good conversation and fellowship. Maybe we can do it again next year....

Thanks Again for making this Sun-N-Fun a great one. Not to mention my 40th B-Day

Rich Denton....

Pics of the event will follow

Bummer I missed it. I spent the entire week down there and ran into a bunch of VAF people and had a great time meeting every one.

Back