What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

fuel tank vent kit

mitch1

I'm New Here
will the tank vent kit relieve enough pressure to stop fuel from spilling back out of the filler neck when filling at the airport fuel pumps.

It is a big improvement, but you still have to be careful about flow rates. That has been my experience. Our nozzle has two positions, i always fill at the slower rate.

I don't know what it was like before but I have to fill VERY slowly otherwise it'll overflow the neck. I can't even get to the low speed nozzle position. Not a real big deal but I have to be very careful. I never let the lineman do the filling.

It helps but you still need to be careful as it starts to get full.

Related, if I had it to do over again, I WOULD NOT install the vent kit. My hangar has a constant smell of fuel now and it's coming from the vent. I'm using auto fuel so I know this makes the situation a little worse as I don't get as bad a smell with 100LL.

What I did - -

I basically copied the design, but used 1/2" ID tubing. I virtually get no blowback. I can dump 6 gallons in under a minute.

Back