What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Timing for Annual

When does the clock start for an annual? I first started my engine about 2 years ago. I currently have about 4 hours on the engine. My first flight was about 5 months ago. I have a total of 0.75 hours flight time. When is my annual due?

On the date you received your AWC.

More specifically, you will have to review your operating limitations. What does it say regarding the required condition inspection .. 12 CALENDAR months, or 12 months? If it's 12 months, then it's due on the date of the AWC + one year. If it says 12 calendar months, then it's due on the last day of the month that you received your AWC.

It will be due 12 months or 12 calendar months after the date when the condition inspection was accomplished which preceded the airworthiness inspection. Might be the same date, might not.

Ed Holyoke

Actually, as I recall, it's not "due" by a certain date...you have to have completed an annual CI within the previous 12 months in order to fly, no? The CI *expires* 12 months after completion, and after that you can't fly until and unless you complete a CI...could be the same month, could be the next month, or many months later, after which you could fly legally for 12 more months.

Actually, as I recall, it's not "due" by a certain date...you have to have completed an annual CI within the previous 12 months in order to fly, no? The CI *expires* 12 months after completion, and after that you can't fly until and unless you complete a CI...could be the same month, could be the next month, or many months later, after which you could fly legally for 12 more months.

That is true. You can delay the condition inspection as long as you like, just can't fly in the interim.

Back