VAF Forums

VAF Forums (http://www.vansairforce.com/community/index.php)
-   Fiberglass (http://www.vansairforce.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   West System Online Supplier (http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=151332)

bkervaski 07-12-2017 10:51 AM

West System Online Supplier
 
Hey all,

None of the usual suspects anywhere near me have West System products .. Amazon has hit and miss inventory and month long shipping times through various suppliers .. is there a place online you guys are all getting West System products from?

Thanks for any help!

sritchie 07-12-2017 10:52 AM

I ordered all of my west systems stuff from aircraft spruce:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catego...stsystems.html

They should have everything you need!

bkervaski 07-12-2017 10:55 AM

Quote:

I ordered all of my west systems stuff from aircraft spruce:
I did get the resin and hardener from them .. but things like the micro-ballons and flox products and pigments aren't available ..

Auburntsts 07-12-2017 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkervaski (Post 1187279)
I did get the resin and hardener from them .. but things like the micro-ballons and flox products and pigments aren't available ..

Don't buy the West Systems brand for those items as there are cheaper alternatives:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/menus/cm/fillers.html

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...xyPigments.php

bkervaski 07-12-2017 11:00 AM

Quote:

Don't buy the West Systems brand for those items as there are cheaper alternatives
Ahh .. maybe that's where I'm coming up short .. assumed I needed everything to be the same brand ..

Auburntsts 07-12-2017 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkervaski (Post 1187283)
Ahh .. maybe that's where I'm coming up short .. assumed I needed everything to be the same brand ..

Absolutely not!

bkervaski 07-12-2017 11:06 AM

Quote:

Absolutely not!
Thanks! That makes it a lot easier. I've never worked with fiberglass before .. another adventure awaits!

Bill Boyd 07-12-2017 11:13 AM

Oh yes it does :eek::p

bkervaski 07-12-2017 11:16 AM

Quote:

Oh yes it does
Oh great :confused: :eek: :(

pilot2512 07-12-2017 11:27 AM

check West Marine. I bought it at the local store, no hazard shipping fees.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:15 PM.