What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tie-down locations and smoke oil tank attachment

iamtheari

Well Known Member
I bought four of the tie-down kits that Van's sells. Does anyone have tips on where exactly to put them in the baggage area? I was thinking of putting two in the aft, maybe behind the step cover openings or inboard of them; and then two in the front, just inboard of the 1405 bulkhead side frames. But I'm wondering if there are better locations. Or if I should wait until the plane is done and deal with the limited installation locations that can be drilled and bolted after the baggage floors are riveted into place.

I also bought a Smoke System Helper system designed for the RV-14, which means that the tank is designed to sit behind the copilot seat. I think that the intention is to bolt the upper flange of the tank to the front side of the F-01405F brace and bolt the lower flange of the tank to the F-01447-R baggage floor. I have some nut plates and AN3 bolts that I can use for this. Will the bolt heads on the forward side of the F-01405F brace interfere with the seat back?

Back