What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Manifold Pressure Manifold Needed

Greenley

Well Known Member
The 6-cyl pmags coming out each need a manifold pressure input, and that combined with my G3X manifold pressure sensor has me thinking of some kind of firewall mounted manifold that I could screw in the G3X sensor which has 1/8" NPT threads, and two nipple fittings to put on the 1/8" ID hoses from the pmags, and of course the input from the engine.

Any ideas of something light and compact I could put on the firewall to accommodate this?

How about the VA-168 sender mount that comes in the FWF Kit?

727dd2afeb5fad4736fe50460a919bdb20197_0525001318.jpg

The QD pitot/static fittings that you buy from Stein come in a variety of configurations (including a "Y"), and fit the manifold pressure tubing supplied with the P-Mags perfectly. I bring the lines from the two P-mags together wherever it is convenient for the "Y", and tie that to the engine mount, then run a single line from there to the VA-168, which also mounts the EFIS MAP sensor - works great on our three airplanes set up that way.

WE make an inline tee with 2 branches for the P Mags, and the end to connect to the pressure manifold. Crimped onto a teflon hose, with 2 short static tubes for the P mags.

You are actually getting the 6 cyl. P Mags?

Tom

I forget, Tom can do anything. Great solution. No I do not have the 6 cyl yet, but I am setting up for them and regular mags with a shower of sparks.

Back