What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N245JM no longer project only, now a flying machine!

Dorfie

Well Known Member
N245JM took to the air Thursday May 25. It surpassed all my expectations, performed very well, temps stayed within limits and was easy to fly and land. The whole experience was awesome. It is a beast!!! It has now flown close to 10 hours, not a single issue, still running high power to break engine in.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank VAF and all its members. It will be impossible to say how many ideas (MANY) were implemented during the build, the endless stream of advice and knowledge expressed on this website that has proven to be of great value as well as the encouragement to keep going.

I would like to thank SteinAir who built my panel. Everything in that panel worked as it should. Everything that did not work was through my ignorance and stupidity. I am especially grateful that after about 2 years after receiving my panel they still take my calls and e-mails, answer my questions and give good advice and guidance patiently. Thank you Doyle!!

Thank you to my family for their support!! I was blessed to have some of my family present. (Wife, daughter and grand daughter)

Thanks to all on this website. I am a blessed and happy man!

Johan

PS. I will ask Jan Hanekom to post a picture.

First Flight

Congrats! I hope the feeling of accomplishment and pride is with you every time you step in the airplane. It really is a great design.

Congratulations Johan

Congratulations Johan,
I am sure the family will have many hours of fun flight in this wonderful flying machine :D

IMG_5918.JPG

Congratulations

Congratulations again Johan. Your hours of work are beginning to pay off. I see you have a wonderful family to share your blessings.

Eulice Curington
RV-10 N104EW
Painting

Fantastic news! Congratulations!! Please keep us posted on phase 1, and how it all goes. :)

Wow congrats!!

I will have the rudder on my 10 buttoned up later this week, I still have a ways to go =)

Back