VAF Forums

VAF Forums (http://www.vansairforce.com/community/index.php)
-   Glass Cockpit (http://www.vansairforce.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Foreflight (http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=148029)

Ron B. 03-26-2017 02:01 PM

Foreflight
 
As a Canadian, can I purchase the US data "Basic Plus" package without a Canadian package/ subscription ?

David-aviator 03-26-2017 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron B. (Post 1160806)
As a Canadian, can I purchase the US data "Basic Plus" package without a Canadian package/ subscription ?

Good question for ForeFlight.

RickWoodall 03-26-2017 04:12 PM

Info
 
I am in sw Ontario and have never paid for the canadian pkg. Friends here do but dont see the need. I have skyview panel with the North american data.
On foreflight the US data covers 99% of where i fly, and the wac charts cover even more. No worries, just go with US and then add it if you feel your missing out.

Ron B. 03-26-2017 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David-aviator (Post 1160828)
Good question for ForeFlight.

Please do not take this the wrong way but the next post from Rick is exactly why I like asking questions on here. It is likely that the reply from a vender ( I have no way of knowing if this is correct in this case) would be that I need both packages costing more. From Rick's post I now know that we Canadians can indeed purchase only a UD data base package, but I also know that perhaps it will cover my Canadian flying needs. I do know that a Canadian data base package will not cover all the way south to Sun & Fun that I plan to visit later this week.

Ron B. 03-26-2017 06:54 PM

Thanks Rick, great information. Would you know if you purchased your plan from the Canadian site or from the US in US dollars?

Mousse 03-26-2017 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron B. (Post 1160863)
Thanks Rick, great information. Would you know if you purchased your plan from the Canadian site or from the US in US dollars?

The price for either package is in US$.

FltPlanGo is free and covers the US and Canada very well.

Michel

Ron B. 03-26-2017 07:30 PM

Thanks, I found that out as I proceeded with the purchase. The Canadian site is in US funds and you can select Cdn or US data. I now have a subscription that is updated.
Ron

StuBob 03-27-2017 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron B. (Post 1160861)
Please do not take this the wrong way but the next post from Rick is exactly why I like asking questions on here. It is likely that the reply from a vender ( I have no way of knowing if this is correct in this case) would be that I need both packages costing more.

Unduly cynical. If you tell them what you need, they'll tell you how to buy exactly that.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:39 PM.