What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EAA names new Homebuilt Community Manager

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, does that mean he has to move to Osh????

Poor guy will never be Normal again;)

Congrats Chad:D

BUT

Does that mean he cant hang out in the SOS tent this year...
Poor guy will be working. Oh well, get to it.. :D

Congrats Chad

Chad,

Congrats,

Now you have to figure out the tent party for next year at OSH.
You and Dan work it out and post it here.:)

I am IN.

Boomer

Close Friend.

Chad is a close personal friend of mine, and has been instrumental in the progress of my project. I know he will do an outstanding job at OSH and will be a great voice for the homebuilding community at headquarters. The only downside I see to Chad being appointed to the position, is that I am gonna lose my build buddy. Now I'm gonna have to find someone to fill those big shoes!
Thanks for everything you have done for me Chad.

(this kinda sounds like a eulogy, sorry about that, not intended that way. ;)

Best,

Ben

Congrats Chad!!!

Congrats Chad! Now we can dispense with that foolish talk of selling your sweet bird!

Good luck on you new venture!!!!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!! Being a part of VAF was instrumental in being considered for this position, and I truly appreciate being here!

I fully intend to fill Joe's shoes as best I can (I know they are big!), and I can't wait to get started and proudly serve the homebuilt community!!

Let me add my congrats Chad! I have always felt that Joe had one of the most important jobs in EAA - glad to see it's been filled, and by someone who is truly part of the community.

We expect good things! :)

Chad's always been one of the most helpful resources to me while I've been building and he truly deserves this honor. EAA made a great decision. Congratulations Chad!

Last edited:
Congratulations Chad!

That's great news! I'm sure you'll do a good job. I met you at the Reno Air Races a few years ago.

congrads

Way to go Chad, but will really miss you at chap 129. But really look forward to seeing you at OSH.

David Kewley
N25DK

Congrats! You'll do a wonderful job....but you'll soon discover some "interesting" dynamics and politics of that organization. Parts of it (and some of their folks) are a real peach! :)

Other benefits are the the fact that you'll be close to mecca (Lambeau Field), and also come to enjoy some fun weather. You'll be only an hour or so away from our shop, so when we can all see your new project as it progresses or have lunch once and awhile. You'll get used to the good beer, good brats, good cheese and good sweet corn! You can also buy some gorgeous lake houses at terrific prices right now.

Anyway, have fun and we'll see you around for sure.

Cheers,
Stein

I've always wondered what the Otter's frequent eater's punch card looked like...now I'll know a guy who has one!

Congrats!

Done Deal

Chad,

Enjoyed meeting you this AM and flying your outstanding Seven back to the Swamp. Let me know if you ever need any help on the Tailwind :)

You're going to do great at EAA, they need guys like you!
Again, congrats!

Smokey

Back