What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another first flight

Blain

Well Known Member
Cold calm morning at PVF. Handed Doug the keys. Time to see what it does. He orbited the field several times within glide distance. Returned and reported straight and true. Does not have a heavy wing. No rigging to adjust. ICom gave us some fits with all of the possible program parameters. Small oil leak at a rocker cover.

Terrible video even after editing. Oh, well, better then none at all.

3 years and 9 months of steady work. Our landscaping reflects my lack of interest in anything other then the RV.

Wow, I built an airplane...........👍

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6ONRxLRFyKQ

Congratulations!!

Blain------big congrats on the newest fledgling in RV land :D:D

Great day for a first flight.

Congratulations on First Flight!

Hoping soon :eek:

Yea terrible video, but I made one for another guy and it is really really hard to get close or use a long lens to capture a full screen, accelerating image. Where is that dot in the sky anyway?

Still - it captured the moment!!

Congrats on build and first flight of N82ST, Blain.

Airplane looks great, sounds great.

Nothing flies as well as the RV-8. :)

Blain, it is great to see you in the air. What a thrill it will be for you to be flying all over the place! Best of luck and hope your phase 1 goes well. Your plane is beautiful. Nice work.

Someday....

Congrats on the major milestone Blain!!! She looks and sounds like a beauty! Thanks for the inspiration as I have been following your progress - and someday hope to be where you are!! :D

Excellent news! Congrats! Love the Red and those long lean lines of the 8 are the best...

Thanks guys.

Seems like everyone that posted was part of the build somehow. Exchanged parts with Andy, bought baffle material from Bret, hoses from Tom, Mike weighed it, Kent bought the RV-7 that was the engine doner.

Then there is the encouragement from those who made the journey and willing to share what was learned. And of coarse Professor Vic, who's doing a great service to the Vans community.

To quote the famous line from a Stix song " Its time for me to fly......":)

Back