What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cowl landing light for the -9?

Dugaru

Well Known Member
Has anyone tried this? I noticed there was a kit available for the -10.

I've got Team Aerodynamix/Whelen lights in each of my wings, but would love to have some additional candlepower (I do a lot of flying at night, and my home field can be quite dark).

The cowl seems like the obvious place to try and shoehorn a Baja Designs or the like, but perhaps the space is just too tight?

Has anyone tried this? I noticed there was a kit available for the -10.

I tried the 10 kit and its geometry doesn't work for our smaller cowlings. Jack Rosen (N99552) has an interesting setup on his RV9A.

Jack have any pics posted?

I tried the 10 kit and its geometry doesn't work for our smaller cowlings. Jack Rosen (N99552) has an interesting setup on his RV9A.

Vlad, what does it look like and how is it mounted?

Steve

Vlad, what does it look like and how is it mounted?

Steve

Steve,

I was searching for Jack's RV9 pictures in my archives and failed miserably. :) I knew I have them. Somewhere on hard drive. That's a drawback of having tens of thousands of RV images without catalogue. I hope Jack (or CJ) sees the thread and chimes in.

I'd be curious to see what others have done. I've just got a single landing light in the left wingtip, so I find myself doing S-turns on dark taxiways to see the lines. :eek:

I?m considering a third landing light for use in the flair at night. Does the RV10 cowl light angle down when installed in an RV7 cowl? Or does it just not fit in the cowl due to space requirements?

Bevan.

It's really good that most RV folks have something worthwhile and positive to share in this forum, and not send unhelpful comments on someone's typo.

Back