What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Installed Video Camera

I'm just curious if anyone has ever permanently mounted a lipstick camera like this in their RV?
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...cv225_m_mini_lipstick_ip67_weather_proof.html

I was thinking of behind the landing light plastic or doing a hole in a wingtip or vertical stabilizer fairing. Both the Skyview and G3X have video input options and it would be easy enough to run power/video/audio while building. I'd just like to do something slicker than the typical GoPro mount sticking out of the wing.

Pi

I've been trying to dream up a way to integrate a raspberry Pi camera module in the wingtip. Would especially want an easily replaceable clear lens.

I've been trying to dream up a way to integrate a raspberry Pi camera module in the wingtip. Would especially want an easily replaceable clear lens.

Why a raspberry pi camera specifically? To me that doesn't seem like a good fit for the extreme temperature and vibration in an airplane wing, but I'm just a simple unfrozen caveman and not accustomed to your modern ways.

I do seem to go through Raspberries like a 2-year-old with Pez though so any excuse to use one in an airplane I'm all for. I've been trying to think up a passenger entertainment system using one. I really need for the wife and kids in the back to be able to watch a movie during a 3 hour flight. I bought a mini-van for exactly this use case and I really need it in the air.

Back