What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F-01204J

subpar_bucker

Well Known Member
FYI, on page 23iS/U-04 when you go to countersink both F-01204J's make sure the top two rivet holes match the holes on the mating F-01204K-R/L's. All the rivet holes on F-01204J are symmetric except the very two top holes. I didn't realize this until I went to rivet the second F-01204J into place and couldn't get the rivets through these holes because I countersunk the wrong side of one of the F-01204J's :(

Mercifully I figured it out before I squeezed any rivets. I'll be ordering a new one tomorrow, but I figured this might save someone else from making the same mistake.

It?s not a service bulletin. F-01204J is one of the parts used in the center section of the new iS fuselage. This particular part isn't found in the original RV-12 fuselage.

F-01204J is a part shown on Page 23iS/U-04 of the instructions. The unusual page number means it is Section 23, Page 4, and it applies to iS fuselages that will have either a 912 iS or 912 ULS engine installed.

Back