VAF Forums

VAF Forums (http://www.vansairforce.com/community/index.php)
-   RV-9/9A (http://www.vansairforce.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Percent power vs RPM (http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=156088)

nightflier 12-14-2017 04:57 PM

Percent power vs RPM
 
Trying to establish percent power for POH for RV9A, with 160 HP Catto prop. ANy ideas?
Thanks,
Sam

moosepileit 12-14-2017 05:32 PM

http://www.vansairforce.com/communit...hp?t-8037.html searched for thread.

Searched for a Lyc image, I know the rpm is probably too low for a Catto.

vlittle 12-14-2017 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightflier (Post 1225676)
Trying to establish percent power for POH for RV9A, with 160 HP Catto prop. ANy ideas?
Thanks,
Sam

Search the forums "Engine Power Percentage?"

sirlegin 12-14-2017 06:10 PM

Here's what I use in my 9A 160HP Catto 3 blade

POWER SETTING PERCENTAGE
RPM X 100 + MP (INCHES)
60=100%
57=95%
51=85%
48=75%
45=65%
42=60%
39=55%
36=50%
33=45%
30=40%

RV8JD 12-14-2017 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirlegin (Post 1225685)
Here's what I use in my 9A 160HP Catto 3 blade

POWER SETTING PERCENTAGE
RPM X 100 + MP (INCHES)
60=100%
57=95%
51=85%
48=75%
45=65%
42=60%
39=55%
36=50%
33=45%
30=40%

I think you meant RPM/100 + MP.

Example: 2450/100 + 23.5 = 48 is approximately 75% power.

brad walton 12-14-2017 06:55 PM

Originally saw the manifold pressure plus rpm formula from the RVator. But I doubt its accuracy. I can run 24/24 at low altitude burning 9 gph. I don't think I'm getting 75% power at less than 10.5 to 11 gph
Mine is an io 360

RV8JD 12-14-2017 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brad walton (Post 1225691)
Originally saw the manifold pressure plus rpm formula from the RVator. But I doubt its accuracy. I can run 24/24 at low altitude burning 9 gph. I don't think I'm getting 75% power at less than 10.5 to 11 gph

Note the Lycoming power chart in Post #2 above. At SL, 2400 RPM and 24" MP equals 75% power at approximately 10 GPH.

Note that the % Power approximation is not valid for LOP ops.

Rupester 12-15-2017 08:20 AM

The GRT EFIS installation manual just happens to have a MP-RPM-%power chart for an O-320. It's used to set up the EFIS for display of % power. I don't have access to my install manual at present, but I think you can access it at GRTs website under "documentation".
When I was doing the setup for mine, that was the best &clearest reference I found for % power. Further, when I checked it matched those mind-boggling Lyco graphs perfectly.

sirlegin 12-15-2017 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RV8JD (Post 1225686)
I think you meant RPM/100 + MP.

Example: 2450/100 + 23.5 = 48 is approximately 75% power.

I'm glad you were paying attention. Thanks

nightflier 12-16-2017 01:32 PM

O320 % power
 
Thanks for you help guys, VAF comes through again!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:22 PM.