What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

2 IO-540-C4B5 engines for sale

b432291

I currently have O-360 engine parts at Chuck Ney's shop in Tulsa for assembly into a full engine for the RV-7A I am building. Because I wanted to see the shop for myself I visited Chuck and was impressed with his shop and his aircraft engine knowledge. Because Chuck is less knowledgeable about computers than engines, he asked me to "list" 2 IO-540 engines he has for sale. Both engines are out of a Piper Aztec.

Engine #1 has been freshly overhauled by Chuck and has his Signature Modifications, 6 "Straight Bore" Investment Cast Millennium Cylinders (500 hours TT before Reconditioned/Straight Bored) and Ney Nozzles for Camshaft Lubrication. This engine has a replaced crankcase, as the original was cracked. Ignition is new mags. All other accessories have 500 hours since last rebuild. You get prop-governor, alternator, fuel injector system, lightweight starter, & vacuum pump.
Note that Chuck does not recommend mineral oil for Straight Bore break-in and believes this motor will gain 15 HP from the Straight Bore cylinders.

Chuck is asking $36,000 for this engine.

Engine #2 is in a as-removed condition from the Aztec. All parts are 500 hours since overhaul. Chuck has not inspected, overhauled, or modified anything on this engine. It comes with the same accessory list as Engine #1.

Chuck is asking $15,000 for this engine.

Please contact Chuck Ney Enterprises about either of these engines:

Chuck Ney
Chuck Ney Enterprises Inc.
9410 East 46th Street North
Tulsa, Ok. 74117
918-836-5323 Work
918-625-3193 Cell
918-836-4627 Fax

Ted Saylor
Vans RV-7A under construction

Back