What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

throttle bracket mounting ?

goldbar

Hate to start a new thread, looked about with no real success about this issue. So I have a Titan IOX-370, horizontal sump. So this image, looking aft, arrows marking the VA-173 supplied by vans, and the lever on the throttle body, which I plan to change out to a straight one, show how the mount conflicts with the veteran exhaust. All I can see it that I need to fabricate a new mount, but just cannot believe at least a few of you have not had a similar issue and solved it somehow ?

for%20VAF%201.jpg

It almost looks like I could install the arm on the throttle body up instead of down and then run the throttle cable between the oil sump and the horizontal air intake below, keeping that cable nice and far from the exhaust, but the fabrication of the mount gets very challenging at best. Suggestions ?

Last edited:
I think most of us have traded arms with the mixture. If you have a straight one for the mixture then switch them from one side to the other. This is an example of a bracket that should work but is one you will have to make out of 4130. Make a pattern first out of 025 aluminum. You will probably see other examples show up here as well

33k3jo3.jpg
[/IMG]
szk0va.jpg
[/IMG]

That is the one that you fabricated Larry ? I like it, simple, easy-ish. My mixture linkage not remotely close I'm afraid.

Is your mixture a straight arm? If so it should work. If not get ahold of of these people. They can fix you up with the proper arm. Yes I made the bracket but stole the idea from VAF some years ago. The design is used on many RV's.

Precision Airmotive LLC

17716 48th Drive NE Arlington, WA 98223 (360) 651-8282

Those arms are crazy expensive. I bought a different shaped one and recall something around $100.

Back