What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need thickness of Dynon backup battery

fabricflyer

Well Known Member
Can anyone give me the thickness of the Dynon SV-BAT-320 backup battery? I've got the footprint dimensions but haven't bought the actual battery yet and would like to make sure it will have plenty of clearance where I want to put it.
Allen RV7A

All in the guide

All the dimensions of all the modules are in the SkyView System Installation Guide. Page 2-6, of the System Planning chapter.

To save you the hassle, it is this:

3.30? W x 2.10? H x 3.90? D (84mm W x 53mm H x 99mm D)

So, 2.10"

Thanks Chuck, I had the old install guide and the dimensions were on page 2.2 not 2.6. However that opens up a new can of worms, those dimensions still don't jive with the footprint on page 9.2 which show it as a 3.874" X 3.118" footprint. So which is it?

Allen RV7A

Battery location

Regardless of the EXACT dimensions, batteries are a consumable item and need to be replaced at one time or another. If Dynon changes their footprint or dimensions slightly in a couple years, you don't want a tight fit.

You have probably already thought of this, but I wanted to put it out there.

The mounting template on 9-2 is correct for all those dimensions.

Page 2-6 is a planning guide. Since the battery is not rectangular, the dimensions on 2-6 are a bit of a rounded up estimate. It does appear we rounded the 3.118" to 3.30" instead of 3.20". Not sure if that's a typo or if we had a reason.

The 2.1" is correct, I just checked it with a caliper, as well as the 9-2 dimensions.

Back