What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Firewall Pics

Here is a link to one of my Google Photo Albums that includes the firewall forward. I started with 2 mags and recently went with the Electroair electronic ignition, so you will also see photos of both type of installation. I also did not use the quarter turns on the cowling, they were removed and the stock hinge attach method was ultimately used.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XlX57H9sXkBtmYql1

Not a pic but just a observation. When I looked at the engine installation on the Bucker Jungmann that won the Gold Lindy I wondered why he had two gascolators in series. Looking closer I realized that his firewall was so highly polished (mirror quality) that it looked like he had two of everything.

I'm drooling.

Nice workmanship, very clean install. Makes me realize how much work lies ahead at my stage of the build, and how much cash outlay :eek:

That 'mirror effect' someone mentioned makes it look like the insulation is on the cabin side of the firewall, though. To each his own.

I'd be happy if my build looks half this neat and clean.

Back