VAF Forums

VAF Forums (http://www.vansairforce.com/community/index.php)
-   Mid-Atlantic (http://www.vansairforce.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Explore Maryland by Air (http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=111248)

Don 03-26-2014 09:49 AM

Explore Maryland by Air

I'm finishing up the Virginia Aviation Ambassador program and I see where a few other states have a similar program - Maryland being the closest. I signed up for a 'Passport' approximately a month ago and have not received it. Weekly phone messages to the person and number on the website go unanswered.

Does anyone know if the Passports are available at local airports, too? Here in VA every public use airport has them, so getting started is easy. Just curious.

Wingnut 03-26-2014 04:52 PM

Not sure. Ginger and I received our packets by mail, but it was 2012 or 2013. We finished Virginia last May (#338 and #339) at the Virginia Fly-In. Randy told us then that South Carolina had just started a program. We finished it in November and received our jackets at the February conference (#4 and #5, I think). We have started North Carolina, but are a long ways from completing it. We have yet to start Maryland. There is a guy in Maryland that has finished Maryland, Virginia and Sourh Carolina. A couple in Virginia that finished just before us were not even pilots. The Ambassador Programs are great ideas. The two most expensive jackets I own! Have fun!

catmandu 03-27-2014 09:31 AM

check your PM's

Vlad 01-29-2019 05:20 PM

I received the passport booklet and program instructions last year. If not the program I am not sure I would ever visit certain airports. Let the fun begin! :D

noelf 01-29-2019 06:02 PM

It took several months to receive the MD passport booklet. I had ordered it through their website.

I also have the Va., NC, and SC booklets.

Vlad 01-29-2019 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noelf (Post 1320712)
It took several months to receive the MD passport booklet. I had ordered it through their website.

I also have the Va., NC, and SC booklets.

Noel do you have a ND booklet? It looks like the only RVator listed on Gold Level is Jay Pratt.

noelf 01-30-2019 03:06 AM

Vlad, no, I do not have the ND book. I remember we talked about it last year over lunch in NJ but I just don't think I will ever get up there.

And just FYI, we relocated the Cessna 150 from South Jersey to Saint Mary's in MD and as such I will not likely make it back to your neighborhood. I still have the RV in NC.

RV12JT 01-30-2019 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don (Post 865674)
I'm finishing up the Virginia Aviation Ambassador program and I see where a few other states have a similar program - Maryland being the closest. I signed up for a 'Passport' approximately a month ago and have not received it. Weekly phone messages to the person and number on the website go unanswered.

Does anyone know if the Passports are available at local airports, too? Here in VA every public use airport has them, so getting started is easy. Just curious.

Have a link to the program Don?

Vlad 01-30-2019 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RV12JT (Post 1320827)
Have a link to the program Don?

I completed the program recently there is some info here http://www.vansairforce.com/communit...ion+ambassador

Vlad 05-12-2019 09:55 AM

Lots of cool places in MD to visit

Garrett County 2G3 is the highest airport elevation in Maryland. Very cool runway you see only half of it when you land. They do have their annual fly-in sometime in the summer.

Greater Cumberland KCBE sits in a picturesque Appalachian valley. It's under extensive renovation. There is only one way to the terminal you have to back taxi an intersecting runway.

Down below, a quarter mile threshold-to-threshold stretches a pretty grass runway of Mexico Farms 1W3. Interesting traffic patterns at both airports well thought of. If you are coming during rainy season use only the second third of the runway. Both other thirds are very soft. Do not use the training wheel if you are coming in an A model. Airport stamp is located in the mailbox on the old Cumberland Hangar.