What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

40-05, Dual Landing Lights, B7514

Hello. I am working on the wings for the RV-12iS. I just received the new kit that allows one to add a second landing light. The updated plans for page 40-05 show a wire for dual landing lights labeled B7514 in figures 2 and 3 that connects to ES-00078 and ES-00077, but I can not find any other reference to these wires. I can?t find a step that mentions making the B7514 wires and I can?t find where the other end of the B7514 connects to. I sent an e-mail to Vans Support but in the meantime I wondered if someone here has info about this. Thanks.
Regards,
Damien

I wasn?t aware of a new kit for the extra landing light. I basically ordered a copy of all the parts I used on the right wing landing light. I?m guessing they are referring to the ?sync wires? needed to let the two lights work together such as the wig wag function. If you look at the wiring schematic that came with your Aeroled landing light, you will see. Without going back to look at my own, I think a sync wire on one wing is connected to the blue wire on the LL and in the other wing a sync wire is connected to the green wire on that LL. One is essentially a slave to the other.
I found out about the new iS configuration just in time. I hadn?t closed up my left wing skins yet and I was able to sell my old style fuselage kit and ordered the iS version. So having extra electrical capacity let me add the second landing light. Also, I added the Angle of Attack kit before I closed the left wing skins. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Thanks Rob, that info was very helpful, and thanks also for the heads up about adding the AOA before closing up the left wing skin.

Back